- Pack as many new clothes as possible so that my sisters can think I'm cool.
- Pack at least one item that my mother might question, so that I can either get away with it and therefore feel like I'm not a scandalous dresser, or assert my independence with something like "I'm twenty years old, Mom, I think I can dress myself," when she questions.
- Pack at least one item that my mother will definitely not question, but think is adorable so that she doesn't think she has failed as a mother.
- Pack as many accessories and smallish clothes as is reasonable so that my sisters can borrow them and love me.
- Pack at least one item that rouses nostalgia, such as a pep band tee or a piece of jewelry made at Girl's Camp, so that we can have those fabulous trips down memory lane.
The trouble is, I'm not going to be there for very long. I've got two outfits to try to get all the rules in. Three if you count pajamas.