Nov 27, 2006

I recall being told once in elementary school...

that Betsy Ross invented the five-point star. I'm pretty positive that it was a flat out lie. They do that in elementary schools sometimes. And some of the lies (like the classic "there are no dumb questions") are still told by college professors. It only encourages the dumb-question-askers who are going to be talking too much anyway.

According to my own can't-fall-asleep calculations and the flags of the world poster that hangs by my bed, five-pointed stars are featured on 25.7% of the world's flags.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the "no dumb questions" thing! It is so false. It's lies like that that get us off on tangents so very often or repeating something fifty times because some idiot in the back wasn't paying attention the last forty times the same question was asked.

Also, as an aside, I'm thinking about changing my blog. Some people have found it that I didn't want reading it, so I might be moving. I will, of course, let you know where I move to.