This is the first time I've ever done one. And Rach and Laura did it first. And I'll admit they're fun to do.
And I'll admit that I re-typed all of the last questions so that they aren't in all caps. You'll notice on Rachael's and Laura's that starting at question 21 the questions are in all caps. It's important to me that these things are consistent. Now it would make more sense to make the first questions all caps, because there are less, but capital letters make it look like somebody is angry.
But I digress, onto the quiz:
1. Someone knocks on your door at 2 a.m. Who do you want it to be? Wouldn't he like to know? But really...anyone who isn't a serial rapist/killer, which would definitely be my first suspicion.
2. Your boss tells you he/she will give you a $20 raise if you'll do your job naked. Would you stay? I'd work naked for free if it were socially acceptable; clothes are an inconvenience.
3. Put yourself in a nutshell: It's a little crowded, but cozy. And I'm enjoying the smell of pistachio.
4. Have you ever seen a ghost? I doubt it.
5. Are you happy with your body? Almost always.
6. A reason you would move to Iceland: I love moving. And saying the word "Reykjavik".
7. A place you've lived that you miss: West Lafayette, Indiana.
8. A job you would never do no matter how much you were paid: I'm pretty sure I could enjoy any job there is out there, particularly if I was getting paid well, but I wouldn't do anything that goes against my morals: stripper, drug dealer, collector for an advance payday loan place that preys upon people that "need it now" and then screws them over with interest...oh wait.
9. A band that you thought was cool when you were 13? *NSYNC (but let's just be honest and admit that at the ripe ol' age of 20, I still enjoy a good round of Tearin' Up My Heart or the like from time to time).
10. You have a nightmare. Who's the first person you think to call? I've never thought to call anybody because of a nightmare. Ever. I don't even know. It would depend on what sort of nightmare.
11. Do you want to have kids before you are 30? Yes.
12. A memory from high school: Of course the immediate response to this is "Noooooo!!! Aghhh!!!" as the flood of embarrassing memories comes pouring in, but we'll stick with a happy one. Namely, talking to Mr. Conaway all night on the way to New York. I love that man. (Though last I heard of him, I was told he recently highlighted his hair, which is just another clue that he might not be as straight as we'd all like to believe he is.)
13. Ever had a crush on one of your friend's parents? No. (Has anyone ever answered yes to this one? I mean, really...as much as I adore Larry the Luminous, I've never thought of any friend's parent as crush material. Ever.)
14. Naughtiest thing you've done at work? Skinny-dipping in the RB pool when I worked custodial there. Hands down.
15. Do you look more like your mom, or your dad? My dad.
16. Something you've always wanted to learn how to do? Spell the word "guarantee". It trips me up EVERY TIME.
17. Still friends with your exes? Yes.
18. Where you'd like to be in 10 years? Happy. Other than that...it's pretty negotiable. Plans for that far in the future never come to fruition anyway; life doesn't work that way.
19. Something you learned about yourself this year: I need to get to work.
20. What do you want for your birthday? How about for Christmas? I can't think as far ahead as my next birthday. First five things that came to my mind: a tool set, an atlas, a big box of crayons, Boggle, and a subscription to Newsweek. I'm sure there are plenty other things; I'll get to work compiling the annual mile-long wish list here soon.
21. Three things you did today: Bought fruit and crackers for my work snack supply (Who knew that they make whole wheat Ritz? I haven't tried them yet, but find it an intriguing concept), talked to my boss about my options for switching to part-time or an earlier shift or quitting my job (finally worked up the guts to do that one...no decisions yet, but I've discussed my options, so that's good), walked at least a mile barefoot (I walk several miles a day, but every once in a while still think it's a good idea to wear uncomfortable shoes).
22. Last item you bought yourself: Since nobody cares about food, cleaning supplies, etc., we'll go with the latest impulse buy. I'm really into coffee table books (I think it's an under-used but truly great form of expression) and bought Animal: The Definitive Visual Guide to the World's Wildlife about a week ago.
23. Do you have an ornament hanging from your rear-view mirror? Do I have a rear-view mirror? No.
24.What did you have for breakfast? A peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That's totally a legitimate breakfast in my book. Creamy peanut butter, peach jam, and wheat bread, to be specific.
25. A celebrity you have a crush on: While I think many celebrities are attractive, none are at the "crush" level.
26. The last three bands you saw live: The Format, The Rentals, Burroughs High School Symphonic Band (I needed something, I've only seen two real bands live in my life).
27. How many hours of sleep do you get each night? Seven-ish.
28. Have you ever been tied up? Probably.
29. What do you wish you were doing right now? Don't think I'm weird, but I wish I were doing homework. I've been on a school kick lately. But homework requires too much thinking to do during work, so I'm plugging away at this ridiculous quiz instead.
30. Who's the first person in your phone book in your cell? Bishop, Emily. It's alphabetical, you see.
31. Last time you witnessed a fight: I've probably witnessed a fight before. I can't think of any, though.
33. Do you like your hair pulled? Rarely. Only if it's braided.
34. Three places you would like to travel to: I have a list even longer than my lifetime reading list. Three places randomly selected off this list: Angkor, Rome, Boston.
35. Do you know how to ice skate? As long as no sharp turns or going backwards is required.
37. Something you like that's out of the ordinary: The smell of skunk.
39. What do you think of Brad Pitt? I don't think of Brad Pitt. Somehow he's on the "boring" list of celebrities for me. There is no rule to how someone gets onto the "boring" and "interesting" lists. But pretty much every celebrity fits neatly into one of these in my mind. The only way Brad Pitt is interesting is in his connections with "interesting" Angelina Jolie and "interesting" Jennifer Aniston.
40. The friend you have the most in common with: Emilee is exactly the same as me as well as my polar opposite. We have more twin outfits than you can imagine, have shared a bedroom for five semesters and sometimes share toothbrushes.
41. What color are your toenails? Surprisingly: bare. I don't think I've gone a week with unpainted toenails since I was 12. But I have this week. I don't know why.
42. Last person you talked with on the phone? My mother.
43. Do you own anything with a skull on it? No. I don't think I have since the day I got rid of my pog collection.
44. Have you travelled to Europe? It's on my to-do list.
45.Three people you would trust with your life: My dad, Tim, Allison E.
46. Last movie you watched: Step Up (the worst/best movie ever).
47. Where were you when you had your first kiss? I can't remember what the park is called...in West Lafayette.
49. Last board game you played: Imaginiff.
50. Leather or lace? Definitely lace.
51. Have you ever had a black eye? It seems like I have, but I can't think of any specific time. I've given someone (Laura) a black eye before, can I get half-credit for that?
52. Where do you rent your movies? I practically never rent movies...wherever is convenient.
53. Do you know anyone in prison? I have a couple debtors (through work) in prison. Does that count?