Aug 5, 2006

Swaziland, among other things

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

We broke up last night. It's been coming for a while, so it certainly wasn't a shock. Matter of fact, this is definitely the least painful of the three break-ups we've had.

And then we went to Wal-Mart and I rode in the cart with a baseball helmet on in a shameless cry for attention. And Tim knocked a sign down that was hanging off the roof by throwing one of those big balls. And a bunch of footballs off the shelf by throwing a basketball. And we put his purchases on the conveyer belt with three of the dividers around them in a nice triangle and he said "It's like Swaziland." And I laughed and thought "I want to bear his children" because intelligent jokes from hot males tend to get that kind of reaction from me. But later it didn't sit right with me, and here's why (I looked it up this morning): Swaziland's totally not the one that's completely surrounded by South Africa, it was Lesotho he was thinking of! But I’ll forgive him because I completely understand the desire to say the word “Swaziland” whenever there’s even the faintest possibility of it fitting into the conversation. Such an awesome name for a country.

And please nobody say, “I told you so.” I’m trying my best not to regret anything. Because it’s been good. Really good. I love you, Timothy. Thank you for everything.

No comments: