Aug 10, 2006

And I Think To Myself...What a Wonderful Word

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

When a terrorist attack is thwarted, I can't decide if it makes me feel better or worse about things. It's nice to know that we have people out there who can catch the bad guys, but it's also scary to know that the bad guys are out there and plotting quite cleverly. And I always wonder how the other bad guys take it when a plot gets caught. Do they look at it and say, "Maybe this isn't such a good idea; they'll catch us," or do they say, "What a brilliant idea, let's figure out how to do it in a way that we won't get caught"? My guess is, when we're dealing with people that are willing to give their lives for their cause, the latter is more common. And that makes things more scary.

No comments: