Jul 23, 2006

Zoological Garden Adventure

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

Tim and I went to the Hogle Zoo yesterday. I really like zoos because I really like animals. Even if they do prompt long Wikipedia sessions that keep me up until 2am learning about what makes a cat qualify for the genus Panthera or figuring out how to tell the difference between hawks, falcons and eagles. But it's fascinating stuff. I've spent a good chunk of my life very interested in animals. The typical library trip for me between ages 9 and 12 found me taking home two Nancy Drew books and three animal books. I wanted to be a vet when I was young until I realized that I’d have to put animals down. And then I wanted to be a zoologist, until I realized that science is most definitely my academic weakness (let’s recall my ACT scores, for example: 34 on Reading, 31 on Math, 34 on Writing, and 24 on Science). And I love that Tim’s the kind of guy that will take me to the zoo and enjoy it. Quite the catch, he is.

No comments: