Jan 31, 2007

Gallbladder Surgery

Yesterday my father went to the doctor for some testing and it turns out he has gallstones. I just found out that he'll be going in for surgery tonight to have his gallbladder removed. Please keep him in your prayers.

I'll admit, I didn't even know exactly what gallstones were until this afternoon. If anyone else is in the dark, here's the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallstone and some charming images:


That does not look like fun.

I've heard that you can make jewelry out of gallstones...I wonder if he gets to keep them afterwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Angie, your dad and family are definately in my prayers! PLEASE let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Anonymous said...

My dad keeps his gallstones in a little plastic jar in his office. I know this is not very creative, but you know Larry the Luminous.