Sep 20, 2006

Les Amoureux aux Poireaux

I've been attempting to decorate my cubicle of late and having a grand time with it. Yesterday I put up a print of this photograph. Yes, I realize it's your typical mid-century cutesy couple photo that adorns every girl on the planet's space, but I can't help loving that sort of thing, okay? It's part of that second X-chromosome and can't be fought. And having something like this up makes me automatically friends with all my female coworkers. When I was hanging it up one came by, "Oh that's such a cute picture! Are you in love or are you married?" It wasn't meant to be an "either you're one or the other" thing, but it sounded so much like it that we laughed and then she sighed, because she's not in love with her husband. And for the record, I'm not especially in love with anyone this week. I'm mostly just in love with the idea of being in love in Paris in 1950, which I assure you is not an abnormal sentiment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, I'm pretty sure everyone wishes they were in love in Paris in 1950. Actually being in love in Paris at any time would be pretty cool, but if it was 1950 (a) all the pictures would be in black and white and (b) you would get to where 1950s fashions, which are, um, amazing. So those are two pretty big advantages.

-laura