Sep 7, 2006

Counting Calories

I think it would be fun to be a calorie counter. This has long been a dream of mine, that I don't think I've ever shared with a soul. Wouldn't it be fun, though? I would obviously set up a spreadsheet and enter the calories consumed during four 6-hour blocks throughout the day. And then I'd keep track of records for most and least calories consumed during a day or a week. The fun ones to try and break would be least calories in a week (though it's risky that I'd eventually try zero in a week and that's a little dangerous) and most calories in a day (what better excuse than trying to break a record to eat completely out of control for one day?). Least calories in a day would be too easy, because I'm sure I'd do zero first try. And Most calories in a week kind of makes me sick, and seems like it would lead to wasted money and binging just gets old after a while. Nonetheless...keeping track of the calories I eat would provide hours of entertainment. The only reason I don't do it is it's so much work to keep track of some things...when I eat an apple or anything at all that isn't labelled with nutrition facts, I'd have to look up somewhere how many calories are in it. And I'd have to count weird things like how many crackers I eat out of a box. Almost worth it, though.

Is it weird to want to go on a diet for the sole reason that I think I'd be good at it and I like the sense of accomplishment? Or maybe it's because I have a deep love of spreadsheets. But I wouldn't do it really, though, because it's annoying to have friends who are on a diet.

No comments: