Feb 6, 2006

Parpan, here I come

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

A good game is the “Wikipedia random article” game. You push the random article link and the first place you get is where you will live someday, the first male you get (or female, if you happen to be male) is what your future husband (or wife) will look like, and the first thing you get is what your future occupation will involve. So I’m going to be living in the Swiss village of Parpan with my husband that looks like Jean-Luc Picard and I’ll be working for WPPN, an Illinois Spanish oldies radio station. Hours of entertainment, no? Okay, so no.

I’ve somehow concocted a song that is a blend of “I Remember” by Kenny Chesney and “Lost in Hollywood” by System of a Down that has been stuck in my head all day. I’m not sure why. Well, I suppose “I Remember” is somewhat fitting for the mood of today. But that’s about it.

So I had just had a break up talk and we’d decided that was it for us. I hadn’t told anyone yet. And I walk into my apartment after it all and the first thing Emily says to me is “You are NOT doing anything on Valentine’s Day.” I look at her in shock, laugh despite the sting, and say, “Yep. I’m not,” and walk into my room only somewhat listening to her explanation that it’s going to be one of Brittany’s last nights and it’s the only night good for a final roommate party night. Later I tell her that Timothy and I have broken up and ask her if she remembers what the first thing she said to me when I walked in the door was and she looks at me in horror, “I didn’t know! You know that, it’s not like I was trying to rub it in or anything.” And of course I know. But still, the irony. Man.

Oh, Blake:

“I have an overwhelming fear of asking a woman when she’s due, only to find out she’s not pregnant.”

“When Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman broke up, it was like my world was crumbling all around me.”

No comments: