Sep 21, 2005

prank calls/excitment

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

So I got a call from my visiting teaching supervisor last night, harrassing me about getting mine done. But then it turned out to be my grandma prank-calling me. No joke.

I'm excited for fall to come. The trees up high in the mountains (gaahhh...the word is forever tainted, thanks a lot James/Shakira) are all turning reds and yellows and you can see it slowly moving down. And then I can play in the leaves. And then pick bits of leaves out of my hair for months to come, but it's worth it.

And I'm excited for Christmas to come. Only three months and 4 days left!!! At work today there was a CD player going (it must've been going all night) in one of the Army officers offices and it was playing jazz combo versions of Christmas songs. I don't exactly get it, but I was glad to hear it. I love Christmas music. And please don't tell me any of you are the kind of people that don't light up with child-like wonder at the mention of Christmas. I hate apathy about things that are clearly awesome. I am, however, not excited to go to Utah history tonight. We have a quiz, which means I should probably do my reading for once.

No comments: