Sep 30, 2005

-

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

Since all of my classes this semester fit under the groups of history and religion, there's lots of overlap. And I love it.

It's really cool to talk about the same things but with all these different perspectives depending on the emphasis of the class.

In World Religion we'll be talking about Confucianism next week (though, I don't know if I really classify Confucianism as a religion), and it'll be all of the same stuff we talked about in China class at the beginning of the year with traditional Chinese society, except an emphasis on the spiritual rather than the political and cultural.

In New Testament, we're talking about the history behind the times of Christ, so lots of stuff on Rome, which is what we're discussing in World Civilizations, except the emphasis on the Jewish society as opposed to the more global perspective.

And I could find a common topic between basically every single one of my classes, but I won't bore you any more with it.

It's nice, because history is so effected by religion (religion's all we talk about in Utah history, the Indian cultures, then the Spanish Catholic explorers, then the Mormon migration...) and religion is so effected by history. And I'm learning so much and it's all intertwined. And I LOVE SCHOOL!!! It's all so fascinating.

Well, my Post-Reconstrucation US history isn't incredibly fascinating, but that's because my proffessor is essentially Proffessor Binns from Harry Potter. Meaning dull beyond reason. But, the topics are still interesting. And totally have to do with my other classes...Protestant effects on American politics, and American participation in the Boxer rebellion in China, and the effects that railroads had on developing the west is basically the exact same lecture we got in Utah history on the effects of railroads developing Utah, and...anyway, I could go on forever. Because it's all sooo cool!

No comments: