Mar 20, 2006

Write, right?

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

I haven't been writing much this last month...I just haven't felt like it. Most nights in my personal journal I'll write just one short paragraph, and that only out of habit and not so much because I want to write. My notebooks at school have been filled with pages of drawings where there used to be ramble-y writing. I don't write nearly as many massive emails to people as I used to. I think I haven't been updating this as much as I used to either.

But it's a problem because still everyday I see and feel things and think "I really need to write something about that," and then it'll just disappear and I'll forget all about it.

Though, it's not all bad. I've really been into drawing lately, which is another good creative outlet. Looking through my notebooks it's pages and pages of mostly clothes design and abstract-type stuff (think "Emotions"...oh, man those were the days) that I would never show to anybody because it looks like crap. And that's just as good as having pages and pages of half-finished letters to people and half-finished song lyrics and ramblings about politics or my relationship with someone or descriptions of some fictional character...that I would never show to anybody because it all reads like crap.

No comments: