Jan 9, 2006

Up close and personal...now inescapable

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

So with Melanie off to London, of all places, this means the rest of us were one roommate down. But then, a mysterious note appeared. “Hi, I’m your new roommate Jessica”, etc. And we all worried, because if you notice from that direct quotation, she didn’t put a comma between roommate and Jessica, even though the situation clearly calls for one. And then if you continue, the note said something about how no one was home so she’ll stop by later to see which room/bed was hers. But here’s the thing: there’s only one empty bed, one empty closet, etc. So we were like, “Oh no, she’s going to be a total idiot.” We immediately started referring to her as “Jessica Simpson.”

She stopped by last night, though, and seems decent enough. She’s really cute, and seems pretty chill. I think she’ll be good.

But anyway, Jessica Simpson doesn’t go to BYU, and for that matter isn’t Mormon. (Neither of these is a bad thing at all, but means she’s living a different lifestyle than the other 5 of us, like, we’ll be going off to school stuff and church stuff when she won’t be). She’s just working at McAfee and is here because her family lives in Provo. And she’s an aspiring actress. And so far her big break was a role as leg double for Cameron Diaz? So her legs are in some movie with Cameron Diaz in it. I think it’s something not out yet, but I can’t recall what it’s called. She normally lives in LA, but is here for a while to get some money and get over a longtime boyfriend she recently broke up with.

It'll be interesting to see how she deals with her room roommate being McKenzi. Because McKenzi's a Molly Mormon-type to the shizzle. And also an extremely intense person. And if I were a laid back not Mormon kind of person, I think I'd have trouble living with her.

Emilee: I bet she’s a serial killer.
Emily: Oh no, we’re all going to die!
Me: I doubt it; most serial killers are really good at killing people that nobody would expect. She wouldn’t kill someone so close, it’d give her away.
Emilee: True, it’s probably some random person in Roman Gardens that she’ll kill first. I bet she won’t even kill someone in Centennial.
Brittany: Oh man, I’m so glad she’s living with us; just think: we could’ve died

Hmm, and I was thinking a Jessica Simpson song would make a good title for this entry, and then to my chagrin and utter horror, realized I somehow know all the lyrics to "Irresistable" and considered killing myself, which I would've done if it weren't for the fact that the 7th Harry Potter book isn't out yet. So still gotta hold on.

No comments: