Jan 26, 2006

Twenty-One, for those still wondering

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

I had almost forgotten about this incident, but I did say I’d share it, so here it is (this was over Winter Break, I think my last night home):

Trivia Card: How many merit badges does one need to become an Eagle Scout?
Marsha: Hmmm, Dad will shoot me when he finds out, but I haven’t the faintest idea…
Me: I’ll give you a clue; it starts with a ‘t’.
Marsha: Umm…thirteen?
Me: Higher.
Marsha: Thirty-two.
Me: Lower.
Marsha: Thirty-one.
Me: Lower.
Marsha: Oooo…then it has to be thirty.
Me: Lower.
Marsha: WHAT??!! That’s impossible. You said it started with a ‘t’, right?
Me: Yes.
Marsha: But…fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen…none of them start with a ‘t’!!!!!
Me: Right.
Marsha: And it’s higher than thirteen and lower than thirty?!
Me: Correct.
Five minutes later…
Marsha: Ohhhhhhhhhh…..the twenties!!!!!!
Me and Melissa (while laughing our faces off): “I can’t believe it took you that long,” “That’s so embarrassing,” etc.
Marsha: Oh well, at least it’s just you two that were in here…not that embarrassing.
Melissa: How about I’ll put it in my blog?
Me: Hmm, I’ll do that, too, okay?
Marsha: Noooooo!
Me and Melissa (practically in unison): That means “yes”.

No comments: