Jan 25, 2006

Thoughts and Conversations compiled while bored at work and of course not doing homework

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

So weird how some days are uber busy at work and other days I'm just sitting here...memorizing the members of the US senate (up to 62 thus far) for lack of anything else to do. And putting on this hand sanitizer over and over again. I'm not a germ paranoid person at all. Just bored. And the hand sanitizer is there, and that's enough for me. And wishing I’d left my hair down today, because then I could trim split ends…always a favorite work time activity. And life keeps on truckin’ along.

Neal: Hey listen, can I take you to lunch today, or sometime?
Me: Oh, actually I have a boyfriend and…
Neal: Oh…sorry, I didn’t know…well, then, can I talk to McKenzi?
Me: Hey, second choice! The phone’s for you!

There is a collection bowl in the office so that Joe can buy his lady flowers for Valentine’s Day. I put in a nickel, because it was in my pocket and not doing me any good. Oh people and their ideas, though. Crazy bunch. The whole lot of them.

Terri: We don’t set those sorts of requirements; it all comes to us from the BYU board of directors.
Random lady on the phone: Well you can tell the damn head of the board of directors that…
Terri: His name’s Gordon B. Hinckley, would you like me to transfer your call to him?
Random lady on the phone: Oh. Ummm. *hangs up*

When I was a little girl my dream for the future was the house full of cats. Oh man, the obsession with cats. And the one requirement for future husband was “not allergic to cats”. Because the only reason I wanted to get married was to be out in my own house where I could have lots of cats. But nowadays, some things are more important, and my requirements for future husband have been upped to: “not allergic to cats and has similar taste to me in decor.” Because, let’s be honest, the other great thing about having your own house is not only can you have all the cats you want, but you can also decorate it however you want! To think how naive I was as a child.

I’ve reached the point in my life when the word “Indian” automatically makes me think of India. And when it’s used for American Indians, it always throws me off for a second. It used to be the other way around. But really…do I know a single American Indian person? I can’t think of any. But I personally know a bazillion Indian Indians. So there you have it.

The goal for the semester is 4.0. I’ve never done it before, always at least one pesky class that I’ll get a B in. But not this time, okay? I’m going to do it. Just watch. Maybe doing homework will help…hmm, I’ll think about it.

Jessica’s actually leaving in a couple weeks. She got the chance to go do something in Chicago, so she’s taking it. And Brittany’s leaving once she decided whether she wants to work in Austin or San Diego. And it’ll just be the four. And we’ll have lots of fridge space and lots of quiet. Neither of which are all they’re hyped up to be. I kind of miss Melanie. Kind of miss Melanie a lot, actually.

No comments: