Nov 1, 2005

Okay, Seriously, Wookies, Chocolate, November

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

When you ask someone how they are and they say "okay" it generally means not okay.

I hate those rare moments when I take school seriously and realize how much work I have to do. So then I just go into the kitchen and make a snack and maybe watch Style Network for half-an-hour.

Watched the last half of Return of the Jedi with Melanie last night, on a whim. There's always more to discuss with Star Wars, and it's nice watching with someone who also has the movie memorized, so you can just talk over it the entire time. But does Leia have a hairdresser that comes along with them onto Endor? Because nobody could do the braids with the stuff woven into it and everything on their own and change it everyday. But I'm pretty sure Leia's hair was not a primary Rebel concern when selecting a small team to complete the mission. The best theory we came up with is that R2 has a hair-braiding function, which makes sense, because let's face it, he has everything else. And would you rather be an ewok or a wookie? And then fierce debating about whether baby wookies are cute or not ("You could probably find someone's picture of what one looks like on the internet." "But I want to know what they REALLY look like, not just some artists rendition.")

So Halloween was good. Though I was missing my siblings and the old days of trick-or-treating and then coming home and the trade market opens and we were all glad that Jared didn't like chocolate, though he'd pretend like he did so that he'd get better trades for it. And making live bar graphs of our candy stretching across the living room. Ahhh, the nerdiness of my family warms my soul like nothing else does.

But it's November!!! Where did this year go? But I'm excited, because November means my birthday and leaves and the first snow and the beginning of the holidays and Thanksgiving. One of my favorite months, really.

No comments: