Nov 26, 2005

How I Spent My Thanksgiving Vacation

(originally posted at eclaircie.diaryland.com)

Well, back in Provo now, after a little fling in St. George.

The best thing was obviously hanging out with my family for a couple days. Followed by pecan pie.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at my second cousin’s brand new multimillion dollar house. It was amazing. We spent all sorts of time poking around in rooms we weren’t supposed to be in (“What’s in here?” “Oh..it’s just a coat closet...I was thinking maybe like a concert hall or ballroom or something.”), because it was just a cool house. Like a theater room...with a layered floor and HUGE screen. And the playhouse built in underneath the stairs. And the master bathroom with all of the polished granite...it was a house to die for. And a 5-hole mini golf course in the backyard. And we of course invented a great game we call gockey. Because it’s hockey and golf. You each have a hole that’s yours and a club and you wack at the ball and each other and try to get it into your hole. It was glorious. And I think I’ll have lasting bruises from that one.

On my mother’s side, I’m the oldest unmarried cousin that’s not off on a mission. And that means I’m suddenly the one suffering the wrath of teasing. And lots of questions if I have any sort of “special friend” and all of that. It’s great. And by great I mean irritating. I mean, it’d be okay if I had something to answer with, but I have nothing. Or at least not anything that I’d like to share with my relatives, I suppose.

And I really need to do some homework. But that doesn’t stop the expected plan for the evening from being: lie around, maybe do some e-mailing, watch You’ve Got Mail with Emily and finish eating that pizza...

No comments: