Sep 14, 2012

Snippet of Tonight's Internetting

Okay, Hulu, I know we haven't seen much of each other during the horrible summer television months, but fall is coming and I'm ready to see what you've got for me. Hmm, nothing is particularly appealing about Guys with Kids, but Hulu wants me to watch and comedy pilots are always interesting as someone who likes to fantasize about writing one but never gets past two pages of script. Click play. "Guys with Kids was taped in front of a live studio audience." Uhoh. A live studio audience is laughing because three guys are (surprise!) wearing babies in baby carriers. In a show called Guys with Kids! That every single promotional image from has featured men carrying babies in baby carriers! Nope. Close tab. I guess it's back to fantasy real estate shopping.

Seriously. I get that multi-cam is cheaper to produce, but does it mean you have to have a laugh track?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i find that laugh track has ruined even shows filmed in front of a live studio audience. they just always sound like laugh track.