Mar 14, 2011

Apartment Fire

Here's video I shot about 10 minutes ago. A building right behind my apartment is on fire. The neighbors are saying they saw a lady jump out of a second floor window and then she was taken off by an ambulance. I don't see anything yet in the news, so I don't know much yet. The neighbors say there was a big bang when the fire started, but I didn't hear anything, so I don't know...

It's hard to be so close but not be able to help. I'll probably post tomorrow with more info. For now, witness the insanity:



Probably time to think about renter's insurance.

Probably isn't time to boast but...I believe I broke this story! I don't see anything else about the fire online yet. Makes me feel cool. Except that the only people who will read this post will be my friends when they start getting bored at work tomorrow afternoon...

2 comments:

Jim/Blog said...

Hey, my name is Jim Dalrymple. I'm a reporter with the Daily Herald and I saw your post on the fire at the Boulders. I was wondering if you'd let us post it online with the story we run (we'd give you credit, of course). I'd also be interested in calling and asking you about what you saw. Let me know. My email address is james.dalrymple52@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.