- I had a dream that me, Trevor, Mike, and Britt (Mike and Britt are the housemates) were doing a Backstreet Boys routine for a ward talent show (naturally) and Britt moved out of the house for like a month because she and her husband were fighting over which of them got to be Nick. (I was AJ, for those wondering). Inspired by this dream, I have been singing along to Backstreet music videos all afternoon, something that hasn't really happened since the day approximately a year ago when Allison, Valerie and I sang along to "I Want It That Way" several times in a row in our living room for no explicable reason.
- Okay, in this bullet-point, I am going to confess one of my deepest, darkest secrets. I understand that many of my friends and family will disown me for this, but I ask you to just try to understand. This is me. That's as much as I want to say about it for now.
- Here is the bullet-point where I try to redeem myself by introducing you to one of the greatest pictures/articles ever created: right here.
- Two days ago, I called the temp agency that I'm working with to try to find work and they sure had something for me, and I worked in a industrial/factory job for the first and last time in my life for the day. My job was to put the boxes of Lucerne Kreme Koolers into bigger boxes for shipping and then babysit them as they came down the conveyor belt. It was really fun for the first hour or so because you're a part of that one segment on Mr. Rodgers when they show you how things are made, but the second hour or so was the most miserable I've been in a long time. It was so hot and loud and I had to wear a hairnet and serial killer guy kept on talking to me but I couldn't understand anything he said and I was on my feet for so long and all I had eaten all day was part of a protein bar hours earlier. But after sitting down for a bit in the freezer to cool off and rest (which somehow smelled exactly like the Matterhorn and Disneyland...something about cold old machinery...I couldn't quite put my finger on it) and eating a couple of the popsicles we were packaging, I felt just fine and the rest of the time flew by. My feet hurt at the end and I got a wound on my shoulder from crawling under some of the machinery, but it wasn't too bad. Trevor doesn't want me to work in that kind of environment again, so I'm not doing it again unless we're ever really desperate for money, but it was a good experience. The most amazing part to me was how incredibly wasteful the process was. I saw literally thousands and thousands of reject popsicles get thrown away or fall off the machinery. I don't think I could ever have a job in a quality control kind of position, because I'm definitely the sort that thinks "I'd still eat that" to essentially anything that hasn't been like...pooped on.
- Another confession: I didn't post the link to my WoW character until I was level 32 because that gave me until level 37 before I was another prime number, and everyone would have looked at it by then. I hate when my level is a prime number.
Jul 31, 2008
What I have going on these days: