Dec 26, 2012

Learned in 2012 - Farting

I've reached the point in my life where the embarrassment of farting in front of other people is outweighed by the discomfort of holding in a fart. I think through the year; various times passerby in the grocery store or coworkers have heard me fart and I only think "meh, better out than in," rather than being filled with overwhelming shame I would have in years past. I like to think this is me being more comfortable/confident with myself, but it's probably just an indication that I'm getting grosser as the years go on. As a note, I still try to avoid having other people hear/smell my farts, when possible. I do recognize that there is a tinge of rudeness to farting in front of others. However, I'm not going to go to great lengths to avoid it. Just stepping aside a bit is good enough, I think.

1 comment:

Weehawkenite said...

Farts are like bad tenants, if they don't pay the rent they must be evicted!