Jan 22, 2012

Boulders Apartment Fire 1/22/12 Edition

A mere 10 months after this fire, there was yet another fire in my apartment complex today. It was on the opposite end of the complex from my apartment, so I didn't notice anything until the fire was already pretty much out.
I don't believe there was any loss of life in this one, thank Heavens, and it looks like only two apartments have been destroyed, but it's still a shame. And a little scary. Aside from the Mar '11 fire, there was a big fire in Jan '09 here...it can't possibly be normal to have so many fires in one complex is it?
I haven't seen anything in the news about this fire yet and the people I talked to outside the building weren't sure of a cause. I'm anxious to find out what the cause would be. I'll keep you posted.
But first, a shower. My hair smells like smoke.

2 comments:

mom said...

Test your smoke alarm please. Wow!

mom said...

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/central/provo/fire-damages-apartment-at-boulders-in-provo/article_1e817088-4553-11e1-ba21-0019bb2963f4.html

Here is an article I found about the fire.