Sep 23, 2010

Couldn't Look You in the Eye

While I groan everytime I hear "Oh I heard this great string/acoustic/choral cover of such-and-such rock song" because it's the kind of thing that excites oh-so-cool-college-student-sorts, I have to admit that I'm really digging the creepy choral version of Radiohead's "Creep" used on the trailer for The Social Network:



(for the record, my thoughts on the film itself are "meh", but that may change for better or worse when there's more info out there on it)

The "Creep" cover is apparently some Belgian girl's choir, Scala & Kolacny Brothers. I've been listening to their stuff for much of the morning; I'm a fan. And while the only thing more cliche than covering Radiohead is covering Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", I have to admit, this is absolutely lovely:

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Okay, that's weird. On Bones today, Booth mentioned "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Now you've mentioned it. Did you watch Bones today or something?

M said...

I really like the cover of "Creep" but for some reason the Nirvana cover sounds too creepy.