Feb 25, 2008

These Are The Good Times

  • My sweet kitty is sitting on my lap, clawing the heck out of my thighs, and fascinated with the pointer moving around on the screen. He's so cute you could die.
  • The pile of clothes in the middle of the bedroom is gone. We didn't have a dresser until two weeks ago and since then I've been slowly doing laundry and putting things away, chipping ever so slowly into the monster that we created when we had few other clothes storage options. On Saturday, the task was complete. It felt really good.
  • The girl in HR has toned down her makeup tremendously over the last few weeks. The fake eyelashes are gone. Blues and greens have been traded for beiges and pinks. She's actually still far too made up, but it's a significant improvement. I'm not sure why the change has taken place, but I do know it's nice to not feel compelled to stare at her and wonder what's going on underneath whenever she's around.
  • Trevor purchased a Wii today. In anticipation of the release of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, we've been in the market for one for some time and they are near impossible to obtain. It'll be the first game console that we actually own, though we now have three in our house (Trapper's XBox and the old roommate's Game Cube), since we are, naturally, party central for Trevor's friends.
  • The weather is warming up quite a bit. It rained a bunch yesterday (rain, not snow, hooray!) and it was beautiful. I just wore a hoodie on the way to work and it was just fine. I can't wait for spring.
  • I'm kicking so much butt at work. I'm not sure why it's happening, because it seems like I'm doing everything about the same as I used to be, but I'm doing so well lately. I'm the top out of four collectors for February, when I'm normally in the 3rd or 4th spot.
  • Obama's recent momentum makes me hopeful that he will be the Democratic nominee, but the Clinton camp is still a threat and it makes for a very good game. I love the intensity of such a close race.
  • Tax returns and solid paychecks (no vacations or holidays messing with things, plus higher commission for me just because I'm doing really well) mean Trevor and I have more money than we ever have before. It's nice to finally reach that comfortable stage where you don't have to wait until the next payday to buy what you want. And we're getting savings going, which is nice.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm so jealous you have a kitty. I want one so bad.

I'm rooting for Obama. Hillary scares me, for more than one reason. Did you see last weeks Newsweek? Huge feature on Michelle Obama. It was great.

Anonymous said...

seriously, this is some good tv. i love it.

-L

NJ said...

Obaaaamaaaaa.
That is all.

This just may be the first(and perhaps last?) time we're all rooting for the same candidate.

Rachael said...

I think it's the first...the last? We'll see.