Feb 21, 2011

Attention Pet Owners

This beautiful cat had to be euthanized this weekend, a victim of parvovirus. Future Cat belonged to our dear friend Trapper for just a couple weeks, and it's really sad that she's already gone. I was just getting to know her.

Please immunize your pets. Future Cat's illness has an easily-attained vaccine and deaths like these are preventable. Feline and canine distemper vaccinations are often available through animal shelters and clinics at a low price.

Upon hearing about Future Cat, I went back through my cats' medical records and found that Tiberius didn't have all of the immunizations he should (Fidel and Julius are up-to-date). Tiberius now has an appointment to get some shots on Saturday. I encourage you to make sure your pets vaccinations are all taken care of as well.

(Note: I in no way blame Trapper for what happened to Future Cat; I know for a fact that he had plans to get her vaccinated in the near future and these things do happen. I only bring up that it is something preventable because I think it is an important reminder to keep our furry friends as healthy as we can. At the risk of sounding grandiose, I'll say: if other animals can be saved because of Future Cat's story, then she will not have died in vain.)

No comments: